Why Somatic Mindfulness and Energy Work?
As a trauma survivor, I did everything right, but I wasn't getting better. In fact, after a therapist recommended desensitization therapy (where I listened to a recording of myself telling the trauma story repeatedly) my symptoms became a lot worse.
No matter if you've experienced major trauma or have a personal painful story, I doubt you want to re-live it. And you don't have to. With mindfulness, there is no traveling to the past or the future. Everything that is needed to heal is in the present moment. When we learn to attend to our present moment situation with mindfulness, energetic awareness, and self-compassion, the most transformative healing space comes alive.
Through somatic mindfulness and energy work, the goal is to work with what is happening in your life right now. If there is energy from the past that is impacting your current life, there is no point in diving into the painful backstory. If it's impacting your current life, then let's look at how it's manifesting today and what it needs to heal right now.
Who Is This For?
This isn't for everyone, but it can be transformational if you experience...
- Living on the trauma-stress spectrum
- Hesitation to explore your past or more pain from exploring your past
- A judgmental inner critic without a lot of self-compassion
- Chronic tension or bodily discomfort without a medical reason
- Feeling disconnected from the intuition and wisdom of your body
- Self-blame or self-shame
- Logically "knowing", but difficulty integrating what you know into your life
- Struggling with handling your emotions skillfully
What Is Somatic Mindfulness?
In somatic mindfulness, reconnecting to our innate wisdom/intuition and the subtle energy of the body is our practice.
This may seem foreign because so much of our society prizes the mind and its logic, but how often have your deductive skills led you astray? We may jump to conclusions, misinterpret others, make a detailed plan that backfires, say the wrong thing, prepare for the worst-case situation when it's actually quite minor... and the list goes on and on. The mind can be amazing when it works for us, but when the mind leads... well, it often can create more pain.
We really live in a disconnected state. And it's not your fault -- this is how society taught us to be. We believe we have a mind and a body (many don't even know about energy) but in reality, our natural state is a mind-body-energy reality. If you really think about it, there is no clear separation between your thoughts, emotions, and physicality because they are all energy. If you get nervous or angry, don't you feel it in your body? If you ruminate about how a friend betrayed you, don't you actually experience emotional and/or physical pain? We are connected human beings. How we think, feel, embody, and behave are interconnected.
Somatic mindfulness is about working to unite your whole self through the present moment. By reconnecting the mind-body-energy state, we can access our own innate ability and intuition to allow healing on any level.
Hello, I'm Sherri
I am a survivor of trauma who has fallen in love with the healing power of Reiki and Mindfulness.
My Education and Training:
- Mindfulness Studies, Graduate Certificate from Lesley University.
- Bachelors of Nursing, BSN from University of Florida
- MMTCP 2025 with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness
- DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, Access)
- Mindfulness Teacher with Shamash Aldina
- Shamatha Meditation Instructor with Cindi Lee
- Reiki Master in Kundalini and Usui
- Certified in Crystalline (Trauma) Reiki, Past Life Reiki, and DNA Reiki
- Compassion Cultivation Training
- Over 400 hours of retreats with teachers such as Andrew Olendzki, Donald Rothberg, and Pema Chodron
Major trauma impacts around 70% of Americans, but personal trauma will impact us all. After I was assaulted, I remember how re-traumatizing it was to speak to certain individuals. Some of the things that police officers and lawyers said were etched into my psyche.
I believe that all mindfulness practices should be trauma-informed and trauma-sensitive. There is a duty to honor your experiences and not cause harm.
In somatic mindfulness and energy work, we do not promote re-living trauma or difficult experiences. We work with what is happening in the present moment.
In this practice...
- Choice is important. You will be given options and modifications automatically so you can choose what is best for you.
- Safety is important. You will never be forced to speak, practice, or even be present at any given moment. There is never judgment, shame, or blame in taking care of yourself.
- Collaboration is important. If you see a way that I can improve, tell me. If I make a mistake, tell me. If you want to add something to benefit all beings, please do.
- Trustworthiness is important. I vow to be truthful, own up to any mistakes, and always respect your opinions, views, and experiences.
- Empowerment is important. You are the expert of your own feelings, experiences, and trauma. I will never explain to you how you feel or de-value your experience.
Even if you do not identify with trauma, all people can benefit from a safe trauma-informed space and practice. I invite you to join me.
"Sherri brought healing through love into my life, she has opened up my perspectives and expanded concepts bringing me to a whole new level I never knew existed."
I could write a novel about Sherri! She has opened me up to so many amazing things on so many levels. Not only has she brought healing through love into my life she has opened up my perspectives and expanded concepts bringing me to a whole new level I never knew existed. She does it with love in her heart and unconditional understanding in her mind.
"I have a clearer understanding of my gifts, my purpose, and my specialties."
Sherri helped me understand the "me" that I present to the world and because of her insights I am more confident to show that "me" out loud. I have a clearer understanding of my gifts, my purpose, and my specialties. Thank you for such insight. I love all the truths that were shared. I can't wait to let them all sink in and let the allowing to happen.
Where To Start?
"If you're facing the right direction, all you have to do is keep walking" - Buddha.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP
Consider this your official invitation to join my free Facebook community full of compassion, kindness and high vibes. Ask questions and get support from people who understand you while you expand your mind, dive into your own soul care, and transform your life.
If you're ready to learn more about your emotions using mindfulness, meditation or Reiki, join me for my monthly online workshop. If you register for the event, you'll be able to access the recording. Topics include Meditation for Emotions, Frequency and Feelings, Root Chakra and Fear, and more!
LEARN KUNDALINI REIKI
Kundalini Reiki is easy to learn, but it's one of the most powerful forms of Reiki today because it includes mindfulness. By learning Kundalini Reiki, you can learn the skills to mindfully let go of stuck energy and consciously create more of the energy that you want in life.
THE SOUL EVOLUTION CIRCLE
Every month, receive TWO Group Reiki sessions plus two Mindfulness Support Meetings to aid you in becoming your best self. In this virtual community discover a deep sense of self-compassion, overcome your past, and step bravely in the direction of your dreams.